Archive for the ‘ADD’ Category
An interview with Apple’s design guru, Sir Jonathan Ive.
Seth Godin’s list of books he says are worth reading.
This is interesting… Choosing the right cover for the New York Times Magazine.
I have no idea who this dude is, but dang….this is really cool. Jim LePage has done some cool work creating designs for each book of the Bible. Great work!
I love food trucks. I’ve gone out of my way to stop and enjoy the food truck scene in Austin, LA, Venice, Portland, NYC, and elsewhere. Here’s an article from Good.is: Why We Need Food Trucks In a Recession. I say bring on the food trucks! How about it Aurora??
Ok…wow. These past couple of weeks have been KA-RAZIE. Feeling a tad overwhelmed right now, but getting a lot accomplished. And now….some A.D.D.
- Our Christmas Eve candlelight gatherings are a beautiful Orchard tradition that we’ve been doing for many, many, many years. They are always really, really great and this year will be NO exception! Can’t wait… More later, but mark your calendars now. Friday, December 24th. 1pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm. Free tickets will be available online soon.
- Since Christmas falls on a weekend this year, and since our teams will be crankin’ out at least five Christmas Eve services, we’ve decided to give our teams a break and give them more time with their families by canceling our weekend services on Saturday, December 25th and Sunday, December 26th. Thinking about attending a traditional Christmas service somewhere with my family that weekend… Any suggestions?
- Looking forward to hanging out with Jon Peacock today! Not only does Jon have a slammin’ last name, but I’m excited about the church he and his wife are planting in the northwest suburbs next year. And oh yeah….have you ever seen Jon dance?
- I have hardly even looked at Twitter these last couple of weeks. Did I miss anything important?
- Currently reading: Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony de Mello and Decision Points by George W. Bush. Looking forward to diving into: Conversations with Myself by Nelson Mandella next.
- The Beatles are now on iTunes. Praise the Lord. But where the HECK is iOS 4.2?? Everybody loves The Beatles, but that was some lame timing IMHO.
- Orchard Tribe……don’t forget about our food drive happening this weekend! Details here.
- Celebrating and updating our community on The Generosity Challenge this weekend! Lots to be thankful for!
- Lastly…..this photo needs a good caption.
- I’m declaring this to be a Miles Davis morning. “Kind of Blue” to be exact. I know I say this all the time, but wow, what an album. If you don’t own it, you need to. Today. And if you’ve never listened to it through a good set of headphones, you need to. Today. One of the. best. albums. ever.
- Had a good time in Minneapolis on Tuesday meeting with a great group of church planters, staffs, and leadership teams. I love speaking and teaching….but I also really enjoy (and thrive) in conversation & discussion formats. We had a lot of that and I left feeling energized.
- Minneapolis is such a great city by the way… Lived there for nine years and miss it a ton. Great culture, beautiful lakes, nice skyline, lots of art. Loved swinging through Uptown on my way to the airport for a quick lunch with my buddy Jamey Johnson before heading home. Love that guy…
- Excited about our Prayers of the Saints series. This coming weekend is #2: St. Melito! Powerful prayer. Can’t wait. (You can download last weekend’s talk here.)
- I have sleep apnea. It’s mild. But still….frustrating. I tried the breathing machine and just couldn’t do it. Looking for an alternative. Any suggestions? Would LOVE to try these.
- Have you seen The Event? Kinda diggin’ it. Kinda.
- Let’s talk books…
- Recent Reads: God Attachment by Tim Clinton & Joseph Straub, Fatherless Generation by John Sowers, The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working by Tony Schwartz
- Currently reading: Drive by Daniel Pink, American Grace by Robert Putnam
- And music… Been enjoying new stuff by: Sufjan Stevens, Flying Lotus, Interpol, Freelance Whales, Mumford & Sons.
Finally finished watching Julie and Julia last night. Watched the first half a couple of weeks ago. It was a fun movie. Quick fun fact: I was in NYC when it was being filmed and accidentally walked onto the set.
Video: Octopus Ballet. Um…wow. Amazing.
Excited to have the opportunity to work with Jarrett and Jeanne Stevens at this year’s STORY Conference. I’ve loved getting to know these guys. There was a solid connection from the moment we all met. Also loved having them at The Orchard a couple of months ago. You can download their talk here. BTW…love the direction STORY is headed this year.
I’ll be honest. I’m a sucker for cool hotels. I especially love finding affordable, non-chain, boutique hotels whenever I travel to major cities. Loved staying at this one on a visit to Austin last year. Speaking of hotels, truth.travel is a great blog from the folks at Conde Nast Traveler. Great photos too.
That’s it for now. Thank you for weeding through my A.D.D. Time for some Adderall.