Archive for the ‘Food and Drink’ Category
- I’m declaring this to be a Miles Davis morning. “Kind of Blue” to be exact. I know I say this all the time, but wow, what an album. If you don’t own it, you need to. Today. And if you’ve never listened to it through a good set of headphones, you need to. Today. One of the. best. albums. ever.
- Had a good time in Minneapolis on Tuesday meeting with a great group of church planters, staffs, and leadership teams. I love speaking and teaching….but I also really enjoy (and thrive) in conversation & discussion formats. We had a lot of that and I left feeling energized.
- Minneapolis is such a great city by the way… Lived there for nine years and miss it a ton. Great culture, beautiful lakes, nice skyline, lots of art. Loved swinging through Uptown on my way to the airport for a quick lunch with my buddy Jamey Johnson before heading home. Love that guy…
- Excited about our Prayers of the Saints series. This coming weekend is #2: St. Melito! Powerful prayer. Can’t wait. (You can download last weekend’s talk here.)
- I have sleep apnea. It’s mild. But still….frustrating. I tried the breathing machine and just couldn’t do it. Looking for an alternative. Any suggestions? Would LOVE to try these.
- Have you seen The Event? Kinda diggin’ it. Kinda.
- Let’s talk books…
- Recent Reads: God Attachment by Tim Clinton & Joseph Straub, Fatherless Generation by John Sowers, The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working by Tony Schwartz
- Currently reading: Drive by Daniel Pink, American Grace by Robert Putnam
- And music… Been enjoying new stuff by: Sufjan Stevens, Flying Lotus, Interpol, Freelance Whales, Mumford & Sons.
I’m in LA for the Origins Event happening this Friday and Saturday. The last few times I’ve been in town I’ve so badly wanted to stop by the infamous Kogi truck but always seemed to run out of time. Well today Larry and I finally did it. And man….it was awesome. Korean BBQ on a taco. Loved it.
Left to right: Black Jack Quesadilla, Spicy Pork & Short Rib Tacos, Me w/ Chef Roy Choi
(Click for larger images)
Let's see…. Here's a sampling: Roast Pork Buns, Shrimp Dumplings, Pork Dumplings, Spring Rolls, Shrimp Rolls, Steamed Pork Ribs, Stir-fried Chinese Vegetables, Steamed Sticky Rice wrapped in Lotus Leaves stuffed with Chinese Sausage, Mushrooms, & Pork.
Sorry, no Phoenix Talons (chicken feet).
In case you're wondering…. Dim Sum is a Chinese cuisine that involves a wide range of small dishes – similar to Spanish tapas. You can read more about it here.
Here are a few photos (click for larger images):
I could post a bunch of photos of all of our Minnesota friends who we've had the chance to hang out with the past couple of days, but these photos are much, much better. Ok, maybe not, but still…. It's been a while since I've posted some good 'ol fashioned food photos.
(Click for larger images)
Brunch at Hell's Kitchen, Minneapolis
Dinner at Chino Latino, Minneapolis
Anthony Bourdain is hangin' in South Asia right now. Kinda jealous. Especially after what I just saw outside on my driveway. Several inches.
Apple Insider's review of the new Apple iPod In-Ear Headphones. I hate the standard headphones that they give with the iPhone and iPod. C'mon, whose ears are shaped for those things???
Ben Arment has some good conversation happening on "mission statements" VS. "mantras."
Found this new site. If you're into design it's worth checking out.
Just downloaded a Christmas album called Advent Songs. It's a nice, eclectic mix from the folks at Sojourn Music. And it's free if you tell five people!
My foot is asleep right now. Hate that…
Watch & hear Sol Sender talk about how they designed President Elect Obama's campaign logo. Fellow Chicago folks btw.
I have no idea why I thought of this, but did you know they have Shakey's Pizza in Tokyo? I remember walking through the Takeshita-dori district (I think…) and seeing one. For some reason that blew my mind. Apparently, they're all over there. Anywho.
To bed I go. G'nite.