Creative Roundup. Getty Up!
Oct 19, 2010
Here’s some juice to get your creativity going today. Drink freely, but then go create.
- A must read: Artist Makoto Fujimura’s, “A Letter to North American Churches.” Makoto calls artists to, “Create for our Father, improvise with the Spirit. Create through the Medium who binds all things together, and then you will begin to hear sounds of ‘the world that ought to be.’” Inspired.
- Ran across this Fast Company article from 2007: The 6 Myths of Creativity. It’s good. Myth #1: Creativity Comes From Creative Types. Hmmm… Listen up now!
- If you don’t listen to This American Life, you should. There’s a lot of creative and storytelling goodness happening here. It’s been one of my favorites for years now.
- These paintings are kind of cool….but they’re also kind of scaring the he** out of me. Mainly the fish. They’re from Japan. Go figure. #Godzilla
- I’ve loved getting to know Aaron Niequist. We’ve loved having him lead worship for us at The Orchard a couple of times recently. You can keep up with Aaron’s creative goodness here.
- Now getty up. Go create.