Oct 15, 2010
- I’m declaring this to be a Miles Davis morning. “Kind of Blue” to be exact. I know I say this all the time, but wow, what an album. If you don’t own it, you need to. Today. And if you’ve never listened to it through a good set of headphones, you need to. Today. One of the. best. albums. ever.
- Had a good time in Minneapolis on Tuesday meeting with a great group of church planters, staffs, and leadership teams. I love speaking and teaching….but I also really enjoy (and thrive) in conversation & discussion formats. We had a lot of that and I left feeling energized.
- Minneapolis is such a great city by the way… Lived there for nine years and miss it a ton. Great culture, beautiful lakes, nice skyline, lots of art. Loved swinging through Uptown on my way to the airport for a quick lunch with my buddy Jamey Johnson before heading home. Love that guy…
- Excited about our Prayers of the Saints series. This coming weekend is #2: St. Melito! Powerful prayer. Can’t wait. (You can download last weekend’s talk here.)
- I have sleep apnea. It’s mild. But still….frustrating. I tried the breathing machine and just couldn’t do it. Looking for an alternative. Any suggestions? Would LOVE to try these.
- Have you seen The Event? Kinda diggin’ it. Kinda.
- Let’s talk books…
- Recent Reads: God Attachment by Tim Clinton & Joseph Straub, Fatherless Generation by John Sowers, The Way We’re Working Isn’t Working by Tony Schwartz
- Currently reading: Drive by Daniel Pink, American Grace by Robert Putnam
- And music… Been enjoying new stuff by: Sufjan Stevens, Flying Lotus, Interpol, Freelance Whales, Mumford & Sons.