Jet Lagged in Kampala
Saturday, May 23
2:35am Uganda Time
(6:36pm, Friday, Chicago Time)
After 18+ hours spread out on three different flights, we have finally made it Uganda’s capital city of Kampala! Loved having the windows down on the ride to our hotel and just taking in the smells, the sounds, the people, the energy. Haven't had a chance to see much yet, but excited for what's ahead tomorrow and over the next few days.
Here are a few enlightened observations my flight over:
- Simply Red – really like these guys. Enjoyed a couple hours of their music during the flight. Courtesy of KLM. Too bad to hear that they are breaking up this year.
- Fantasy Island – Again, thanks KLM. Never realized how horrible the acting was on this show, but also didn't realize how much I've missed it. Thinking a new 2010 version??
- The Libyan Desert - don't know much about it, but based on the looks of it from 30,000 feet up in the air, this does NOT look like a place I'd ever want to be stranded in.
- Mike Jones – Doesn't think I'm nearly as funny after being on a plane with me for that many hours.
- Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam – Loved the vibe. Hoping to sneak away to see the city for an hour or two on my way back home.
Signing off friends. Busy day tomorrow. G'nite.