First of all, there are so many exciting things happening at once right now that it’s almost hard to believe.
Secondly, there are some major paradigm shifts happening in me right now in regards to my leadership. Perhaps the greatest leader-shift I’ve ever experienced. Of course it’s way too much to type. And honestly….it’s deep enough…and still early enough on for me that it’s best to keep processing it with my inner-circle for now. But let me just say……it’s good!! SO good! But here are a few thoughts that I can share.
- These past several weeks I’ve been holed up in what I’m starting to nickname “the cave”. It’s a spot with plenty of whiteboard space and that’s far enough out of the flow of office traffic that I can work undisturbed for HOURS.
- I’m really thankful for what feels like a burst of organizational clarity that I’ve had these past couple of months. Really thankful for it. It’s not always like that, so I’m taking advantage of it while it’s here!
- This is a year of readiness for our team. Our focus is on strengthening our leadership core in a way that will position us to confidentially take the kind of steps I believe God is preparing us to take in the months ahead.
- I have committed a level of personal investment into our team that far exceeds any amount of investment I’ve given them to date. More than ever, I am realizing that there is a level of leadership that my team needs from me that they will not get from anyone else. And not only do I have to give it, but I have to embrace it with everything that’s in me. I can’t delegate it or expect anyone else to give it. At this stage of the game, it has to come from me. And to be totally honest, I was afraid that I would hate it. But it’s actually energizing me more than I would’ve ever imagined!
- Our team is expanding! I’m REALLY excited about two new players we’ve recently recruited for our team. That’s all I can say about it right now, but they have both formally and enthusiastically said YES! You’ll hear more in the weeks to come!
- I’m SO thankful for the level of depth that’s involved in the hiring process we’ve developed for The Orchard. It’s lengthier and more in-depth than anything we’ve ever used, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Hiring staff is not an easy task, so having a lengthy process that pricks and pulls can only be a win for both the team and the prospective hire.
That’s all for now. But let me hear from you! What kind of leader-shifts are you making right now?