Sunday Morning……A.D.D. post
I'm sitting in my office getting ready to go out and speak at our 10:45am service, so I thought I'd throw out a bunch of stuff that's spinnin' in my head. It's been a while…. Plus, I noticed that I received the hatchet on Ben's blogroll. So I figured I better blog again SOON.
- Very, very convicting talk this weekend… Teaching on the subject of "expectations" in our relationships – week #3 in our series, "Inked."
- Had a great time at the Related Leaders event in Peoria, Illinois this past week. Talked a lot about change and expounded on three important questions for pastors: 1) Who has God best positioned us to reach? 2) What is it going to take to reach them? and 3) Am I willing to pay the price?
- REALLY enjoyed touring the Dream Center Peoria while I was there with Aaron Escamilla and a few guys from The Orchard team. Riverside's work in Peoria blows my mind! Definitely inspired the daylights out of me!
- Our Christmas Eve Candlelight service planning is well underway! This is one of our largest attended events of the year. Last year we had four services. This year we are planning five spread out over two days. It's a ton of work, but we see it as quite a privilege and an AWESOME opportunity to reach TONS of people who don't normally attend church.
- Barack Obama is our next President. Wow… What a historic election! And let me just say… Christians who are freaking out about this election are getting on my nerves – BAD. Grow up and trust God! I don't remember seeing fear, anxiety, and worry listed as "fruits of the Spirit." Let's pray for President-Elect Obama and ask God to guide and direct him as our new leader. I think God can bless that a heck of a lot more than He can bless all the badmouthing and disrespectful attitudes.
Ok, with all that said….it's time to go teach! Have a great Sunday!