The C-Note Challenge!
Once a month, we gather all of our staff, coaches, leaders, and apprentices together for a monthly "staff meeting" called FUEL. I've written about it before here. Simply put, we consider this to be one of the most important things we do all month!
Well last night at our November FUEL we did something CRAZY FUN called: The C-Note Challenge!
Here's how it worked:
Each team was given $100 dollars and 100 minutes to go find a creative way to be a blessing to someone or a group of people in need. The only rule was that they could not simply give the $100 bill away to a single individual or charity. In other words, they had to
SPEND the money. And that's exactly what they did! It was awesome…
- Created a giant gift basket for local firefighters.
- Purchased $100 worth of baby supplies for a young couple in need and delivered it their home.
- Bought groceries for a family in need.
- Dropped off food, gloves, and other items to the homeless community in Aurora.
- Visited a nursing home and blessed the elderly with gifts.
The best part about it was that not only were a ton of people on the receiving end blessed, but so were those doing the blessing! AND…….some great relationships were built and strengthened among our leaders! It was a "win" all the way around!
Each team was also given a disposable camera to document their experiences. I can't wait to see the photos! I'll try to post them here in the next week or two.