Using Apple TV in Creative Meetings
“apple tv has really enhanced our creative mtgs at @theorchard.”
Yesterday I twittered tweeted this and immediately received several replies and DM’s from people asking me to be more specific and asking to share some of the ways we use Apple TV in our creative meetings at The Orchard. So now I feel pressure to somehow make this sound really impressive. But I won’t. I’ll just keep this brief and to the point.
How does Apple TV enhance our creative meetings at The Orchard?
AirPlay allows you to stream music, photos, and videos from your iPhone or iPad directly to your television.
A few specific examples of how this looks in our creative meetings:
- Our Creative Arts Director will share and stream song ideas with the team directly from his iTunes library to Apple TV.
- Our Media guru shares design ideas (motion, print, web, etc…) with the team directly from an iPhone or iPad to Apple TV.
- We easily and instantly stream video from Netflix, YouTube, and Vimeo for creative ideas and inspiration. (BTW…we love the inspiration that comes from TED Talks as well as many indie and foreign filims. Next on our list to watch together is Exit Through The Gift Shop.)
- We can create digital mood boards by uploading the images to Flickr – and then accessing our Flickr stream through Apple TV.
- Apple TV gives us instant access to The Orchard’s entire creative digital library. (720p HD)
I’m sure there are other creative ways of using Apple TV, but those are some of the ways we’re currently utilizing it.
On a side note…and in case anyone from Apple is reading this… We would LOVE to find a way to do screen-sharing through Apple TV. Although I’m sure it’s just a matter of time.
Do you use Apple TV for your creative meetings? If so, how? Please share!