Nov 17, 2010
Ok…wow. These past couple of weeks have been KA-RAZIE. Feeling a tad overwhelmed right now, but getting a lot accomplished. And now….some A.D.D.
- Our Christmas Eve candlelight gatherings are a beautiful Orchard tradition that we’ve been doing for many, many, many years. They are always really, really great and this year will be NO exception! Can’t wait… More later, but mark your calendars now. Friday, December 24th. 1pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm. Free tickets will be available online soon.
- Since Christmas falls on a weekend this year, and since our teams will be crankin’ out at least five Christmas Eve services, we’ve decided to give our teams a break and give them more time with their families by canceling our weekend services on Saturday, December 25th and Sunday, December 26th. Thinking about attending a traditional Christmas service somewhere with my family that weekend… Any suggestions?
- Looking forward to hanging out with Jon Peacock today! Not only does Jon have a slammin’ last name, but I’m excited about the church he and his wife are planting in the northwest suburbs next year. And oh yeah….have you ever seen Jon dance?
- I have hardly even looked at Twitter these last couple of weeks. Did I miss anything important?
- Currently reading: Awareness: The Perils and Opportunities of Reality by Anthony de Mello and Decision Points by George W. Bush. Looking forward to diving into: Conversations with Myself by Nelson Mandella next.
- The Beatles are now on iTunes. Praise the Lord. But where the HECK is iOS 4.2?? Everybody loves The Beatles, but that was some lame timing IMHO.
- Orchard Tribe……don’t forget about our food drive happening this weekend! Details here.
- Celebrating and updating our community on The Generosity Challenge this weekend! Lots to be thankful for!
- Lastly…..this photo needs a good caption.