Welcome to Miami!
Wow, what a whirlwind these past couple of days have been! All good, but crazy…
I’m in Miami this weekend speaking at four weekend services at Flamingo Road Church. Flew in yesterday, spent all evening preparing and wrapping up my talk. Woke up this morning and spent most of the day shooting video on the beach for The Orchard… Spoke tonight and will again tomorrow three more times.
A few thoughts rolling around my noggin’:
- Flamingo Road Church is quite a place! These guys have really rolled out the red carpet for me and have done a tremendous job making me feel at home. And then some! Thank you for everything Flamingo team!
- Tonight’s talk will be broadcast via video to four campuses (including Lima, Peru!) tomorrow and was also broadcast live on the Internet campus where I was told, after the service, that over 11 countries were participating. That blows my mind!
- I’m being stretched by my experience here. More on this later. Maybe….
- Glad to be traveling with a great personal and ministry friend, Jamey Johnson. Jamey and I met in college and have been close friends ever since.
- I missed being at The Orchard this weekend! It was cool praying with Chris Bell tonight over iChat before both of us went on to teach. Me in Miami and Chris in Aurora.
- Looking forward to enjoying a few days here in Miami to connect with some ministry friends, do a lot of reading, maybe some deep sea fishing, and dream BIG dreams!
There’s more, but I’m seriously falling asleep as I type this so I better go.